|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Following the footsteps of compatriots like , , and , Alex Pettyfer is a Brit who began his career as a model before making it as an actor, both in his home country and across the pond in the United States. Known for his roles in films like Stormbreaker, I Am Number Four, and Magic Mike, the 2011 Teen Choice Awards’ Breakout Male winner has since added director and movie producer to his titles. Read on to find out more about his career and other facts.
Alex Pettyfer’s Biography
Alex Pettyfer was born Alexander Richard Pettyfer to Lee Robinson and Richard Pettyfer on the 10th of April 1990 in Stevenage, Hertfordshire but was raised in Esher and then Windsor, Berkshire.
From a very young age, thanks to the influence and support of his mother, he began working as a fashion model. He appeared in his first commercial at the age of 6 and following a chance meeting with designer Ralph Lauren in a toy store in New York, he began modeling for Gap at the age of 7.
Alex Pettyfer attended The Mall School in Twickenham and then the Lambrook Haileybury school in Winkfield, Berkshire. Sticking to the pattern of models making a transition to acting, he got involved in the profession as a schoolboy, appearing in his school’s productions of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Jack and the Beanstalk, and The Adventures of Robin Hood. After spending some time in Millfield School, he joined Shiplake College where he spent a short time before leaving to attend the independent Sylvia Young Theatre School.
Movies and TV Shows
In 2005, at the age of 15, Alex Pettyfer began to pay more attention to his acting career as he went on to make his professional acting debut in the production of Tom Brown’s Schooldays, where he played the lead character. He received rave reviews for his performance on the show and was offered new roles. Of all the offers he had, which included one in the film Eragon, the one that caught his attention was that of teenage MI6 agent Alex Rider in the film Stormbreaker.
As was the case with his previous appearance on screen, Pettyfer put in a decent performance in the film and established himself as a reputable actor. His next role turned out to be opposite actress in Wild Child (2008) where he played the role of Freddie Kingsley. After starring in the horror comedy show Tormented (2009), he appeared alongside and in the romantic fantasy film, Beastly (2011). That same year, he played the main character in the and produced I Am Number Four (2011).
In the following year, Alex Pettyfer played a 19-year-old named Adam in the comedy-drama film, Magic Mike (2012). He followed that appearance with roles in The Butler (2013) as Thomas Westfall, Endless Love (2014), Elvis & Nixon (2016), and The Strange Ones (2017) as Nick.
Personal Details To Know About Alex Pettyfer
1. Alex Pettyfer’s parents are actors who are said to have met while performing in London’s West End. Some of the plays they appeared in together include West Side Story, Cats, and Miss Saigon.
2. He has a younger half-brother named James Ireland from his mother’s marriage to retired builder and property developer, Michael J. Ireland. James is a professional tennis player.
3. Pettyfer has a fear of flying. Because of this, he opted to take a role in the film Stormbreaker instead of the one in Eragon, as it was going to be filmed in Hungary while the former was to be filmed in the Isle of Man, Britain.
4. After launching his own productions company, Upturn Productions in 2015, Alex went ahead to make his directorial debut. He did so with the film Back Roads where he played the lead role of Haley Altmyer.
5. After meeting the granddaughter of , actress on the set of Magic Mike in 2012, the two began dating and ended up getting engaged; however, they soon called it off. He later dated actress Dianna Argon, his co-star on I Am Number Four. Emma Roberts is another high profile actress that he dated. It is not clear when exactly the two were together, however, they shared something strong enough to prompt Pettyfer to get her initials tattooed on his wrist.
6. Alex Pettyfer stands at a height of 5 feet 11¼ inches (181 cm) and weighs about 79 kg (174 lb). The actor has an athletic body, a pair of green eyes, and blonde hair.