|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
We live in a time that increasingly seeks to blur the line between athletics and entertainment, and rightly so. Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres are just further proof that entertainment and sport can be one and the same while giving viewers an unforgettable experience.
Vanessa and Morgan have taken the figure skating world by storm especially since their electrifying 2018 Winter Olympics performance on Valentine’s Day. These French skating celebrities have certainly made their country proud and. However, their obvious chemistry on the ice does make people wonder if their relationship is more than just professional.
Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès
Vanessa James was born on September 27, 1987. She developed a passion for figure skating after watching the 1998 Winter Olympics and started skating at the age of 10.
She started her career as a single skater before she eventually transitioned into pair skating. Before Morgan, she had initially been paired with French skater Yannick Bonheur, and before him, Hamish Gaman. She may be seen as a French skater nowadays, but she has lived in multiple countries, thanks to her family constantly relocating. Vanessa James started skating in the USA.
Morgan Ciprès was born on April 24, 1991, in Melun, France. Like, James, Morgan also began his career in single skating. He teamed up with Vanessa in 2010 and they’ve been an item on the ice ever since.
The Frenchman started learning to skate when he was just 4 years old and made his debut at the ISU Junior Grand Prix in 2004.
Since they started performing as a pair, Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès have participated in many figure skating competitions. They also have the medals and titles to show for it. These include the bronze medal at the 2015 Winter Universiade, the 2017 European Championships, and the 2018 World Championships. They won the gold at the Grand Prix Final in 2018 and 2019, as well as the 2019 European Championships.
Are Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès Engaged?
There is no doubt in the heart of any skating lover that Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès just look good together on the ice. Many more believe that they look good off the ice as well.
Everything the skating couple does during their performances is intentional. From their incredible routines to their outfit and song choices; they leave nothing to chance. And after their Valentine’s Day performance in 2018, the whole world took notice.
The couple has previously performed some “Earned It” by . This was also one of the musician’s songs for the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack. And true to Vanessa and Morgan’s style, they didn’t just perform the song beautifully, they dressed in outfits inspired by the movie itself.
In 2017, they also delivered another explosive routine to the sound of a song by the heavy metal band, Disturbed.
Perhaps their best yet came at 2018 Winter Olympics. Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès performed a powerful routine to Ed Sheeran’s “Make It Rain”. This was the final nail in the coffin that proved these two were most likely seeing each other. The fact that they chose to perform that kind of a song on Valentine’s Day nonetheless only strengthened the rumors surrounding their relationship.
However, the skating couple has only ever stated that they are really good friends and have not come out to confirm or deny the relationship rumors.
Facts To Know About Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès
1. Morgan Ciprès may have continued his career as a single skater had it not been for the adductor muscle injury he sustained ahead of the 2007–2008 season.
2. When Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès teamed up in 2010, Morgan was still new to pairs performances. This is why they didn’t debut for a year as Vanessa and their coaches spent that time teaching him pairs elements.
3. While she was still a singles skater, James competed at the 2006 British Championships where she clinched the gold medal. This made her the first British figure skater of Black African descent to achieve that
4. Vanessa James has lived in the UK, USA, and France. She also represented all these countries at different stages of her career. However, the athlete was born in Ontario, Canada.
5. James gained French citizenship in 2009, two years after her family relocated to France.
6. After winning their first gold as a team at the 2013 International Challenge Cup, Morgan Ciprès sustained another injury shortly after. He had to undergo wrist surgery and had to avoid lifts for a while. This forced James and Ciprès to withdraw from the Skate America competition for the 2013–2014 season.