|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Of Indian origin, Babita Sharma is a British television personality with a long list of accomplishments, irrespective of the challenges of her early life. Her parents fled from India out of fear of being killed by Muslim protesters and also to seek greener pastures. Babita was born and brought up in the United Kingdom where she went on to build an illustrious career as a media personality.
So far in her illustrious career, she has worked with industry giants like BBC News (TV channel) and BBC World News, among several others. Discover more interesting details you never knew about the media personality below.
Babita Sharma’s Bio
The television host was born in April 1977 but her birthday is not known. She spent most of her formative years in Reading, Berkshire, England, though she was born in London Borough of Lewisham in England.
The University of Wales is her only known alma mater from where she earned a degree in Journalism, Film, and Broadcasting. She launched her journalism career as soon as she got her degree and at the initial stage of her career, she pitched her tent with BBC Radio Wales and Thames Valley Television. The former got her the right attention she needed to join the big names in the industry. She later relocated to Dubai where she took her talent to the radio, hosting for Channel 4 FM. During this time and place, she also worked with Ajman TV as the presenter of a weekly music program. Her time in Dubai came to an end when she went back to the UK in 2003. After that, she began working at BBC Radio Berkshire as a travel presenter, as well as producer. Her role later extended to the newsroom in Southampton, reporting and also producing for BBC South Today.
Babita Sharman became a video journalist and presenter of the evening bulletin for BBC Spotlight Channel Islands in 2007. 2008 saw her make a move to the BBC News Channel where she debuted as the presenter of the Your Money program and later took the main business role. She still works with BBC News Channel and BBC World News on a full-time presenting role. At BBC World News, she has anchored Newsday, which first aired on 31 July 2015. While Babita Sharma live-anchored from the main Broadcasting Centre in London, Rico Hizon took on the main broadcasting role from Singapore.
The television presenter also has to her credit, several panel discussions which she moderated. She also speaks at conferences, including the World Travel Market. She made the three-part series for BBC2 called Dangerous Borders: A Journey across Indian & Pakistan in 2017. A year before that, one of the programs she created called Booze, Beans & Bhajis: The Story of the Corner Shop aired on the BBC4.
Babita Sharma might be an only child but jumping to that conclusion would be based on the fact that she has not shared a lot of her birth family details with the public. Her parents, however, owned corner shops around Reading and Caversham where she was equally raised.
On her personal life, Babita Sharman is a married woman. Her husband is simply identified as Adam with whom she reportedly welcomed a child in mid-2019. The happy family resides in St Margarets located in the London Borough of Richmond.
Facts To Know About Babita Sharma
1. Asides her journalism exploits, Babita has hosted tons of ceremonies. Some of the events she has hosted so far include Angel Film Awards at the Monaco International Film Festival and the 2012 Wings of Hope Achievement Award ceremony. She handled the former from 2011 to 2013. She also hosted the Asian Curry Awards 2018 at the Grosvenor House in London in November 2018.
2. She made an appearance on episode 7 of series 3 of the Celebrity Eggheads. She also co-presented series 1 & 2 of Supermarket Secrets with Gregg Wallace.
3. Babita Sharman participated in the “World Travel Market global trends report 2013”, a panel debate subject prepared for the World Travel Market and the Euromonitor International.
4. Considered one of the most successful in her career path, the BBC presenter has an estimated net worth of $5 million.
5. She is on all major social media platforms, including , , and .