|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
While there are many hip hop stars currently making waves in the American music industry, there are also rock musicians and Indie rock band groups that have become the center of the industry. The list of most popular indie rock bands includes the American musical group called Hop Along. The band has not only made a lot of impact on the alternative rock music genre but has equally done a great job in the folk and acoustic rock music genre.
The famous rock group, Hop Along is known for its outstanding and captivating music style. The group, which consists of four members, was first called ‘Hop Along, Queen Ansleis’, before changing their name to Hop Along. Having been active in the American music scene since 2005, the group has released four musical albums which have been critically and commercially successful as well as several other EPs.
The group garnered wide recognition when it was named among several other rock bands that would be performing at the 2019 Coachella Music and Arts Festival. Here, we have gathered interesting facts you need to know about the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based rock group. Read more about them below.
Hop Along – Bio
The indie rock band was first founded in 2004 as an acoustic freak folk solo project with the name ‘Hop Along, Queen Ansiels’. It was founded by Frances Quinlan, a high school student and it was born out of her passion and optimism for rock music. After its inception, Frances went on to release her first album titled Freshman Year in the summer of the following year 2005.
After performing solo acts for a few more years, the talented singer and guitarist opened the door for more people to join her. As a result, her brother Mark Quinlan came along as a drummer in 2008 and the next year, Tyler Long (a bassist) also joined the group. In the wake of the new formation, the trio decided to change their name from Hop Along, Queen Ansiels to Hop Along which it still bears to date.
Based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, the rock band group has released four full-length albums and several EPs. Their first EP titled Wretches was released in the year 2009 and it became a hit, soon after its release. Three years later, they launched their first full-length album, Get Disowned. The album was released in May 2012 and was able to garner positive reviews from critics and independent music press. Following the success of their first album, the band’s popularity began to increase, hence bringing them to the attention of popular record labels who tendered lucrative recording deals for the band. The group also welcomed another member Joe Reinhart (a guitarist) in the same year.
Towards the end of 2014, Hop Along later signed up with Saddle Creek Records who would later produce their subsequent albums. In 2015, the rock group launched yet another full-length album entitled Painted Shut. Just like their previous endeavors, the new album, which was released on 4th May 2015, also garnered a highly positive and critical response from the press and fans.
They earned their breakthrough in 2018 when their fourth album was released. Their album titled Back Your Head Off, Dog was released on 6th April 2018. After the release of the highly successful album, their single How Simple from the album appeared on various streaming sites where it has witnessed massive views and downloads to date. Some of their other songs include Songs of the Sea and Is Something Wrong? among others.
Other Interesting Facts about the Musical Group
1. Hop Along’s second album, Painted Shut, landed on several high-profile year-end lists, including Rolling Stone’s 50 Best Albums of 2015. It also landed a spot on Billboard’s rock, independent, vinyl, and Heatseekers charts.
2. Their second guitarist Joe Reinhart joined the group in 2012 after the release of their first full-length album, Get Disowned.
3. Other past members of the group include Peter Helmis (a keyboardist), Jacki Sulley, and Dominic Angelella.
4. The music group has embarked on several tours and equally organized several concerts in different locations across the United States.
5. Having released several successful albums, Hop Along has accumulated a huge sum and has equally enriched its members. However, the group’s net worth cannot be ascertained at the moment as it is still under review.
6. Their musical style isn’t just indie rock, but also extends to Folk Rock, Acoustic Rock, and Emo, among others.