|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Pete Dorr is an old head in every sense of the word. In the online gaming and streaming world, he would be the equivalent of a grandfather. Dorr has been crazy about games since he was a child. He is one of the first YouTubers to start a gaming channel on the platform.
Pete isn’t just about any type of games; he is strictly a lover of console games and almost exclusively does videos around that alone. The Youtuber uploads game review videos, live gameplay streams, and videos where he discusses general gaming issues. He is more of a regular on Twitch now but still maintains his YouTube platform where it all started for him.
Pete Dorr’s Biography
Pete Dorr was born on November 23, 1987, somewhere in the United States. The gamer has not given up any information concerning who his parents are or his schooling and education details.
Dorr grew up with a love for games. He was always around games his whole life. The gamer grew up at a time when console games were more or less the only kind of games that made any sense.
Pete is something of a third generation gamer; his father and grandfather were avid game players and have been so long before Pete was born. Some of Dorr’s earliest gaming memories were of him playing video games in his grandfather’s house as early as 4 years old. His grandfather had so many games but kept his SEGA Genesis console especially for Pete whenever he came over to play. Dorr’s favorite SEGA game growing up was Sonic The Hedgehog.
Fast forward into his teenage years and he tried severally to start and grow gaming websites and forums but they never took off. He first tried his hand at YouTube on October 17, 2006, when he created his self-titled channel. Dorr uploaded a few videos then but he didn’t follow through. He came back full time in 2008. Some of his earliest videos back then were of him showing off his massive game collections. He was one of the first people to post content in the game collection niche and the very first to post a PS2 game collections video on Youtube. Still in his early twenties at the time, he had already garnered an enviable collection of games across major gaming consoles like SEGA Genesis, Nintendo 64, Wii, Vectrex, and PlayStation 2 among others.
Pete Dorr, as of June 2019, has over 110,000 subscribers, more than 390 videos, and over 23 million total views. In 2008, he posted a video titled ‘My Video Game Collection Room Tour’. The video would go on to become his most popular video.
As the years went by, Pete began to devote less time to his channel. This was because of many factors including school and work. He would go on unannounced and often long hiatuses only to resurface the same way he left. Nowadays, Pete Dorr spends the significant majority of his time on Twitch but still make uploads on his YouTube channel once in a while.
Facts You Need To Know About Pete Dorr
1. Pete Dorr is a game purist if he can be called that. He loves to play games for the sake of the games themselves and for the satisfaction he gets from it.
2. His addiction to games earned him a secondary addiction to eBay. He used to love going on eBay and buying up any and all games and consoles he could get his hands on. He reviewed a lot of these games in what he calls blind game reviews. This means that he loves to buy games he has never heard of before and play them for the first time on a live stream. Pete believes this keeps the review and the excitement authentic.
3. At the Game On Expo in 2016, he gave a talk where he recommended that gamers should not read reviews about any games they plan on purchasing before they have the chance to play it. This is because he believes it ruins the entire gaming experience.
4. Pete Dorr has spent some time abroad. While in college, he took part in study abroad programs that saw him live in countries like Japan and India for a while. He stated during an interview that it was one of the most fulfilling periods in his life as he got to experience foreign cultures first hand.
5. The gamer has one of the biggest Sonic the Hedgehog merchandise collections in the world. Dorr was approached by Guinness to enter his Sonic collection into their World Guinness Book of Records. He turned down the offer.
6. In 2016, Pete stated that he was planning to move to Japan for a few years.
7. His grandfather passed away either in December 2015 or January 2016.
8. He prefers the Twitch platform now because it reminds him of how small the Youtube gaming community used to be when he started. Pete feels the smaller the audience, the better the interaction will be between gamers and streamers.
9. Pete Dorr used to be deathly shy of being in front of the camera. YouTube helped him get rid of that fear.
Top 3 Richest Media Personalities
Also Read: Top 10 Richest People in the world with full biography and details.