|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Though he is not with us anymore, his legacy still lives on. If you want to talk about musical innovators and pace setters, it would be impossible to leave out his name. Before we get to the actual gist of the day, which is Prince’s height, weight and body measurements, let’s check out some facts about the iconic musician.
- ‘Prince’ was not his stage name. Yes, the musician was actually born, Prince Rogers Nelson to two musical parents on June 7, 1958.
- Music actually runs in the family, his father was John Nelson, a jazz pianist and his mother Mattie Shaw, a social worker and singer. His name was actually inspired by his father’s jazz combo.
- Though he had no stage name, the artist had quite the number of nicknames. He’s been known as The Kid, The Purple Purv, The Minneapolis Midget, Alexander Nevermind, Christopher Tracy and when he was a kid he was known as Skipper.
- He was a Jehovah’s Witness and we are talking about the whole package, he even went door to door preaching.
- Musical prowess most definitely runs in his blood, the artist wrote his first song, titled Funk Machine, when he was just 7 years old.
- When he was 10 years old he danced on stage with James Brown.
- His fan base is so loyal that they made him a Wikipedia spin off site. Princepedia was created by fans a few years ago and remains a popular resource among Prince devotees.
- Prince wrote songs for a number of other artists and even wrote more songs than The Beatles.
- He actually has a whole album recorded as his female alter-ego, Camille… it was never released.
- The week of July 27 1984, Prince topped both the film box office, single and albums charts, with his film ‘Purple Rain’ and ‘When Doves Cry’ respectively.
- On April 21, 2016, Prince died after mistakenly taking an overdose of fentanyl, an opioid. He was found unresponsive in a lift at his Paisley Park Studios in the morning.
Now that we have that covered, let’s move on to the topic at hand, beginning with Prince’s height.
No one needs to tell us, he definitely earned a spot on the list of height challenged superstars of his decade. The artist stood, quite short if we may add, at 5 feet 3 inches. It was reckoned that he was quite insecure about his height and can you blame him?
5 feet 3 inches is extremely short for a guy… heck it’s also extremely short for a woman too. What is even worse than the fact that he was midget-like, is the fact that he was mistaken to be 5 feet 2 inches till after his death. His true height was published in his autopsy report.
All we can say now is that he proved that great things can come in small packages. Also, we do not know whether it was his refusal to adhere to genres or gender boundaries in clothing or his need to add an inch or two to his natural height, but that fella could rock a pair of heels.
According to the New York times, the high heel was the through line of his wardrobe for the four decades he was in the public eye, the consistent base upon which he layered all sorts of style and character changes. According to the star, he wore them, not because he wanted to be taller, but because ‘women like ’em.’
Here’s a list of other celebrities who stand as tall as the star when he was not rocking his heels, Scarlett Johansson, the late Mahatma Gandhi and Kim Kardashian all share Prince’s height.
Given his overall small stature, it wouldn’t be wrong to presume that Prince did not weigh much. In his prime he was at least 55 kg but after death, his autopsy report revealed that he weighed 50 kg. Apparently, he was so ill in the days approaching his death that his body guard had to carry him off his private jet.
His personal chef revealed that he was hardly eating before his demise, in the months leading to his death, he suffered from frequent sore throats and seemed to be losing weight. There were some additional speculations about the artist’s health, apparently he was diagnosed with AIDS 6 months before his death and refused treatment.
We do not know how true this was, but it could have added to his weight deterioration.
Prince’s Body Measurements
In addition to Prince’s height and weight, here is a straightforward summary of all his other body measurements.
Weight: 55 kg
Body type: Slim
Shoe Size: 6 US, EU 39, UK 5.5
Top 3 Richest Musicians
Also Read: Top 10 Richest People in the world with full biography and details.