|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Scott Cawthon, an American video game designer is making waves in the tech industry for his unique style of approach in the business. He is most popular for the game franchise Five Nights at Freddy’s and also for a host of other games like The Desolate Hope, Chipper & Son’s Lumber Co, There is No Pause Button!, and many others. Cawthon is indeed a delight to video game lovers scattered across the globe and is a strong force to reckon with in the competitive tech world.
He is said to have started his career in the 90s when he was very young. Scott designed his first game Doofas in a YouTube live stream and then started to dish out his games officially in the early 2000s. After releasing RPG Max in 2002, he became a part of Hope Animation which based on producing Christian animations for kids. While still associated with Hope Animation, Scott released one of his first videos The Pilgrims Progress which was based on John Bunyan’s novel of the same name. He also made several independent films during this time, some of them include Noah’s Ark: Story of The Biblical Flood (2005), A Christmas Journey (2006) and The Jesus Kids’ Club’ (2010).
Cawthon afterward went on to develop several games like The Desolate Hope, Chipper and Sons Lumber Co, There is no Pause Button, Sit’ N Survive, and gradually rose to high prominence on the tech platform. His big break was in 2014 when he developed the Five Nights at Freddy’s video game designed as a point-and-click survival mystery. The game was released on Desura in August 2014 after it was submitted by the gamer to IndieDB in July that same year. The level of success attained with the release of the game was never predicted by Cawthon. Five Nights at Freddy was a top-selling game on game ratings and was also a huge commercial success. Following the success of the game series, Scott released a spin-off in 2016 for Microsoft Windows.
Other Facts About the Video Game Designer
- The game designer was born on July 26, 1971, in Houston Texas. He attended The Art Institute of Houston.
- Scott Cawthon was on the verge of despair in the beginning days of his career. After the release of Chipper and Sons Lumber Co and others, the game designer was greeted with massive criticisms from stakeholders at the time for capitalizing on the use of lifelike robots or animatronics for his game characters. The criticisms from reviewers got the best of Cawthon and he even considered quitting the business of designing.
- Cawthon bounced back fully after he changed his approach and techniques and applied new strategies while he developed his most successful design; Five Nights at Freddy’s. His new style was impeccable and it earned him a great critical acclaim. Five Nights at Freddy’s became one of his most successful series, ranking high on the digital distribution platform and making big sales. The game maker was highly motivated by his success and went on to design four sequels for the game and released them between 2014 and 2016.
- He released a novel adaptation for the game titled; Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes in 2015. Two other books Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Twisted Ones and an official guidebook The Freddy Files also followed in June 2017. The Freddy Files was a compilation of game tips, easter eggs, and character profiles. In December 2017, Scott released a second guidebook titled Survival Logbook, a children activity book. Contained in the book are a list of to-do things which include grid drawing, fill-in-the-blank activities, word search, and many others.
- Scott Cawthon is a devout Christian and strongly upholds the values of Christianity. He is happily married to his wife whose name is not known and has two children with her. The Cawthon family reside in Salado, Texas.
Scott Cawthon’s Net Worth
We bet Scott Cawthon had no idea he would make it this big with his passion. The game designer has made a huge fortune from his business. From the FNAF franchise, Cawthon has garnered over $30 million from sales, promotions, views, and others. The talented gamer sits on a net worth estimated at $60 million. We’re not forgetting his books which contribute a great deal to his enviable financial status. Scott has sown and watered valuable seeds in the industry and will continue to earn from them.
Top 3 Richest Media Personalities
Also Read: Top 10 Richest People in the world with full biography and details.