|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
As many fans of the DC Comics film Justice League continue to wait for the release of the second installment of the film, some doubt if there will be a sequel to the first released in 2017, as there has been a delay in its release. As one would expect, the delay has led to many speculations; well, that ends here as we bring you the facts of the matter. To know about Justice League 2 release date and more, the following are the details we have gathered so far about the awaited film.
What Is Justice League All About?
Justice League has been known way before the release of the film directed by Zack Snyder. The idea behind the creation of the 2017 superhero film is to bring together several fictional superheroes, thereby forming a team that fights against various supervillains. Justice League made its first appearance in March 1960, in the #28 issue of The Brave and the Bold, and it was then known as Justice League of America.
The league of superheroes originally consisted of seven superheroes namely: Batman, Superman, The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern. Today, DC Comics have brought in several other fictional superheroes to join the Justice League, superheroes such as Shazam, The Atom, Black Canary, Cyborg, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Zatanna, Red Tornado, Power Girl, Metamorpho, Elongated Man, Big Barda, Orion, Starfire, and Plastic Man.
In every superhero comics or movie, there must certainly be supervillains. Some of the regular supervillains of Justice League are Lex Luthor, The Joker, Brainiac, Solomon Grundy, The Wizard, Circle, King Kull, The Gateway Mastermind, Gorilla Grodd, Darkseid, Ra’s al Ghul, Merlyn, Libra, Doomsday, and The Titans.
Will There be a Justice League 2?
Even though Justice league performed below Warner Bros’ box office expectations, plans for its sequels is still underway. While the five movie arc underwent proper planning, Zack Snyder had no proper script for Justice League 2. He didn’t even have a writer assigned to it. Nevertheless, the worldwide success of the first installment has guaranteed a sequel.
When Is The Release Date or Is It Cancelled?
Justice League 2 is already in post-production level which is a good assurance to fans of the superhero film. Although the film was initially scheduled to be released on June 14, 2019, following several circumstances, its release date has been shifted to an indefinite date.
Among the decisions to postpone the film’s release date was the fact that Zack Snyder, the director, left the project during production following the death of his daughter. In addition to that, it has faced a good number of problems in post-production, with reports of Zack being fired. Considering all that, one can understand why the release date was moved indefinitely.
No director has been named to replace Snyder but there are rumors that Joss Whedon has taken charge as his replacement.
Facts You Should Know About The Superhero Film
1. Before Justice League was produced, there were several standalone films of the superheroes. Production of Justice League began shortly after the production of Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice concluded. The film was directed by Zack Snyder and the screenplay was done by Joss Whedon and Chris Terrio.
2. The production of Justice League was carried out by four production companies: DC Films, Atlas Entertainment, Rat Pac Entertainment, and Cruel and Unusual Films.
3. Actors that have been featured in the film include Ben Affleck, , , Ray Fisher, Gadot, , and others.
4. Warner Bros. Pictures distributed the film which was produced with a budget of $300 million. The 120 minutes-long film was first released in Beijing, China on October 26, 2017. It later premiered in the United States on November 17, 2017.
5. Upon its release, the film made a box office earning of $657.9 million worldwide. It got an IMDb rating of 6.4/10 and a 40% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
6. Justice League was able to pull 13 nominations for prestigious awards out of which it won two. It won Danny Elfman a BMI Film & TV Award and received the Golden Schmoes Award as the Biggest Disappointment of the Year. Other awards it was nominated for include the Teen Choice Awards, the Detroit Film Critics Society, the Golden Trailer Awards and others.