|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Feeling under the weather? Feel like you need a little life boost to help you kick off your day? Well, we’ve got you covered. We’ve compiled for you 100 fun, inspiring, enlightening, motivational and heartwarming quotes from the popular American stand-up comedian and actor, Robin Williams. Here are quotes to help you ease some stress, blow off steam and provide humor and laughs for you. Do enjoy and leave a comment in the comment section below telling us which quotes made your day and ranked as your top 3 favorites!
100 Memorable Robin Williams Quotes To Get You Through The Day.
1. I left school and couldn’t find acting work, so I started going to clubs where you could do stand-up. I’ve always improvised, and stand-up was this great release. All of a sudden, it was just me and the audience.
2. There is still a lot to learn and there is always great stuff out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.
3. I try to make sense of things. Which is why, I guess, I believe in destiny. There must be a reason that I am as I am. There must be.
4. You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.
5. I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.
6. Even mistakes can be wonderful.
7. Crying never helped anybody do anything, okay? You have a problem you face it like a man.
8. When you have a great audience, you can just keep going and finding new things.
9. Come on now! You kick out the gooks, the next thing you know, you have to kick out the chinks, the spics, the spooks, the kikes and all that’s going to be left is a couple of brain-dead rednecks.
10. Our job is improving the quality of life, not just delaying death.
11. On stage you’re free. You can say and do things that if you said and did any place else, you’d be arrested.
12. What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.
13. There are no rules. Just follow your heart.
14. The idea of having a steady job is appealing.
15. There’s no shame in failing. The only shame is not giving things your best shot.
16. Good people end up in Hell because they can’t forgive themselves.
17. Sometimes you can have a whole lifetime in a day and never notice that this is beautiful as it gets.
18. I want to do a movie, but it has to be the right movie, whether it’s independent or a studio movie. I’m much more open to being a supporting actor. At the age of 60, I’ll be second fiddle. Fine. I’m happy to do it.
19. I’m a very tolerant man, except when it comes to holding a grudge.
20. Time is the best teacher, unfortunately, it kills all of its students.
Interesting Quotes of Robin Williams
21. Do you think God gets stoned? I think so … look at the platypus.
22. Being in the same room with people and creating something together is a good thing.
23. Boys, you must strive to find your own voice, because the longer you wait to begin the less likely you are to find it at all.
24. I had sex with a prostitute when I was 21, I was so bad, she gave me a refund.
25. As an alcoholic, you will violate your standards quicker than you can lower them.
26. Do you know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe; harmonic connection between all living beings, everywhere, even the stars.
27. What’s my credibility? Why are they looking to me for advice? Isn’t there someone more qualified?
28. You’re still young. Being a true loser takes years of ineptitude. Sometimes you got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It’s called fun.
29. But if there’s love, dear. those are the ties that bind, and you’ll have a family in your heart, forever.
30. I loved running, but all of a sudden everything hurt so much. I started cycling when Zelda was born.
31. The real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.
32. I was only a leading man for a minute; now I’m a character actor.
33. Don’t associate yourself with toxic people. It’s better to be alone and love yourself than surrounded by people that make you hate yourself.
34. You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you, you’ll win, no matter what the outcome.
35. I loved school, maybe too much, really. To me, I was summa cum laude in high school. It just got me driven that way.
36. Golf is a game where white men can dress up as black pimps and get away with it.
37. My children give me a great sense of wonder. Just to see them develop into these extraordinary human beings.
38. I love kids, but they are a tough audience.
39. I have a difficult time doing an Irish accent; even now, it kind of fades slowly into Scottish.
40. But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.
41. To be free. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world.
42. Being a famous print journalist is like being the best-dressed woman on the radio.
43. Change is not popular; we are creatures of habit as human beings. “I want it to be the way it was.” But if you continue the way it was there will be no ”is”.
Famous Quotes of Robin Williams
44. Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose.
45. There’s a world out there. Open a window, and it’s there.
46. If heaven exists, to know that there are laughs, that would be a great thing.
47. There are three things in this world that you need: Respect for all kinds of life, a nice bowel movement on a regular basis, and a navy blazer.
48. The Second Amendment says we have the right to bear arms, not to bear artillery.
49. Sometimes you have to make a movie to make money.
50. I do believe in love; it’s wonderful – especially love third time around, it’s even more precious; it’s kind of amazing.”
51. It’s hard when you read an article saying bad things about you. It is as if someone is sticking a knife on your heart. But I am the harshest critic of my work.
52. My childhood was really nice. My parents never forced me to do anything; it was always, ”If you want to do that, fine.” When I told my father I was going to be an actor, he said, “Fine, but study welding just in case.
53. The things we fear the most have already happened to us.
54. Death – to blink for an exceptionally long period of time.
55. Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose.
56. Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?
57. If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?
58. Comedy can be a cathartic way to deal with personal trauma.
59. The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying, ‘Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.’ She’s got a baseball bat and yelling, ‘You want a piece of me?’
60. I write on big yellow legal pads – ideas in outline form when I’m doing stand-up and stuff. It’s vivid that way. I can’t type it into an iPad – I think that would put a filter into the process.
Amazing Quotes Robin Williams
61. Look at the walls of Pompeii. That’s what got the internet started.
62. Tweets? That stuff kills conversations. And people taking pictures with their phone or recording you, sometimes surreptitiously, is creepy. They come up and just start talking to you, and you can see the red light on their phone.
63. My style is bad white-boy dancing. I can do swing a little bit, but nothing beyond that. My solo dancing is sad. I use my arms, badly.
64. Winning an Oscar is an honor, but, between you and me, it does not makes things easier.
65. I think ‘Dead Poets’ was probably my favorite, just to get started with the idea of doing a movie that people treated as more than a movie.
66. I’m much more open to being a supporting actor right now. At the age of 60, I’ll be second fiddle. Fine. I’m happy to do it.
67. I met Nelson Mandela, and I really didn’t know what to say. It was years ago at a benefit. I was just in awe of this man because of what he’d done.
68. When the media ask George W. Bush a question, he answers, ‘Can I use a lifeline?’
69. Gentiles are people who eat mayonnaise for no reason.
70. My mother’s idea of natural childbirth was giving birth without makeup. She was hyper-positive – the world is a wonderful place, rainbows, and unicorns. If you said anything contrary to her, you were basically exiled.
71. It’s hard when you read an article saying bad things about you. It is as if someone is sticking a knife on your heart. But I am the harshest critic of my work.
72. For me, comedy starts as a spew, a kind of explosion, and then you sculpt it from there, if at all. It comes out of a deeper, darker side. Maybe it comes from anger because I’m outraged by cruel absurdities, the hypocrisy that exists everywhere, even within yourself, where it’s hardest to see.
73. The improv, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, but when it does, it’s like open-field running.
74. The Second Amendment says we have the right to bear arms, not to bear artillery.
75. People say satire is dead. It’s not dead; it’s alive and living in the White House.
76. I’ve never been asked to appear on ‘I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!,’ so I guess I mustn’t be on the professional skids just yet.
77. Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’
78. Sometimes over things that I did, movies that didn’t turn out very well – you go, ‘Why did you do that?’ But in the end, I can’t regret them because I met amazing people. There was always something that was worth it.
79. You have this idea that you’d better keep working otherwise people will forget. And that was dangerous.
80. Comedy is acting out optimism.
Thrilling Quotes of Robin Williams
81. No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
82. We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture.
83. The bad thing about being a famous comedian is that every now and then someone approaches me to tell an old joke. Don’t tell me jokes – I have that. People also say the weirdest things, sometimes sarcastic things, and even evil things. They like to provoke to get a reaction.
84. In the process of looking for comedy, you have to be deeply honest. And in doing that, you’ll find out here’s the other side. You’ll be looking under the rock occasionally for the laughter.
85. I only ever play Vegas one night at a time. It’s a hideous, gaudy place; it may not be the end of the world per SE, but you can certainly see it from there.
86. Having George W. Bush giving a lecture on business ethics is like having a leper give you a facial, it just doesn’t work!
87. You’ll notice that Nancy Reagan never drinks water when Ronnie speaks.
88. The Russians love Brooke Shields because her eyebrows remind them of Leonid Brezhnev.
89. I don’t have a college degree, and my father didn’t have a college degree, so when my son, Zachary, graduated from college, I said, ‘My boy’s got learning!’
90. I enjoy performing for heavily armed people. It’s easier than going to Georgia.
Fun Quotes of Robin Williams
91. I started doing comedy because that was the only stage that I could find. It was the pure idea of being on stage. That was the only thing that interested me, along with learning the craft and working, and just being in productions with people.
92. Okra is the closest thing to nylon I’ve ever eaten. It’s like they bred cotton with a green bean. Okra tastes like snot. The more you cook it, the more it turns into string.
93. Canada is like a loft apartment over a really great party.
94. The essential truth is that sometimes you’re worried that they’ll find out it’s a fluke, that you don’t really have it. You’ve lost the muse or – the worst dread – you never had it at all. I went through all that madness early on.
95. Acting is different from stand-up. It gives you this ability to enter into another character, to create another person.
96. The idea of Julliard was that it would give you this toolbox full of skills that you could take with you and apply to anything.
97. If Heaven exists, to know that there’s laughter, that would be a great thing.
98. In America, they really do mythologize people when they die.
99. Carpe per Diem – seize the check
100. Reality: What a concept!