|Date of Birth
The emergence of young talents in the entertainment industry today is incredibly huge and for sure, this youngster called Andy Biersack is taking over in all areas of the industry. The American actor, singer and songwriter, is best known for his contribution to the fast growth of the American rock band, Black Veil Brides.
Here are interesting facts about Andy Biersack- his career, net worth and relationship with Juliet Simms.
Andy Biersack Biography, Age
Andrew Dennis Biersack is an American singer and pianist, and the founder of American rock band Black Veil Brides. He is also the lead vocalist of the rock band. Andy was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, California, in the United States to Chris and Amy Biersack on December 26, 1990. He was brought up in a Catholic family and studied at a Catholic elementary school. His enthusiasm for music started when he was in the Catholic elementary school. He was a victim of bullying during his days in school owing to his oversized weight, music style and dress sense. He enrolled at Cincinnati’s school for creative and Performing Arts. At 14, he formed the rock band Biersack with a few of his friends. The band performed just one show before switching its name to Black Veil Brides. Andy is the only original member still present in the band. His music genre is glad metal, hard rock, melodic metalcore, post-hardcore, heavy metal. He is a vocalist, bass guitarist and pianist.
Black Veil Brides then signed a label deal in 2009 with independent label standby records. The band released their first music video for the song Knives and Pens that same year and it had over 200 million views on YouTube. They released their first album on July 20, 2010, called We Stitch These Wounds, and it sold more than 13,000 copies within the first week of its release. The album topped the Billboard independent chart and was ranked number 36 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. A year later, on June 14, 2011, the band released their second album titled Set the world on fire. The album which was released under their current label Lava Music/Universal Republic records ranked high on several Billboard charts. Their next album came on January 8, 2013, and was named wretch and divine: the story of the wild ones.
Andy started to work solo while still working as the leader of the band. He released his first solo single and music video on May 29, 2014. The single was titled They don’t need to understand. On October 27, 2014, the band then released their fourth album, The Shadow Side. On May 6, 2014, Andy Black released his first solo album. Andy Biersack has been active on the music scene from 2006 to present.
Andy Biersack Wife – Juliet Simms
Andy Biersack is married to fellow American singer-songwriter, model and former frontwoman of the Automatic Loveletter band Juliet Simms Biersack. Juliet was born February 26, 1986, in San Francisco, California. The couple got married on April 16, 2016.
Juliet is the runner-up contestant of the second season of The Voice in 2012. Similar to her husband, Juliet started writing songs at the age of 14, and at 16, she signed her first label deal with Umbrella records. She released her first single in 2012 titled Wild Child. She is currently signed with the Universal Republic. She plays the keyboard and guitar and is also a Vocalist. Her genre of music is rock, acoustic rock, alternative rock, emo and pop rock. Juliet Simms has a series of tattoos, more than 25 of them on different parts of her body.
Height, Body Measurements, Tattoos
Andy Biersack is 6’ 4” (193cm) tall and weighs 150Ibs (68kg). He has blue eyes and his hair colour is black.
Just like his wife, Andy Biersack also has quite a number of tattoos and each has significant meanings. Here are a few of them and their relative meanings:
- Heart and skull — this was his very first tattoo. He got it when he was 15 for a girl he was dating.
- Misfit and Danzig skulls — Misfit was his second tattoo and the Danzig skulls were the third. He got them both at a neighbourhood ghetto house party in Cleveland.
- Inverted cross — the Inverted cross on his arm is his fourth tattoo. He described it as Jarring. He is a lover of anti-religious and traditional Catholic imagery.
- BVB wings — this is his fifth tattoo and his first together with his band which they got during their first headlining tour.
- Batman logo — he said he got the tattoo as a symbol of his thoughts of his family, stating how he had Batman stuff all over his house growing up.
- Azrael — This tattoo is the one he shares with his father. His dad has the older version while he has the younger version.
- Koala — the tattoo he got for pure silliness sees a Koala dressed as him drinking Seagram’s 7 Crown whiskey
- The lyrics — On Andy’s chest is a lyric from an Automatic Loveletter song – his wife Juliet Simms was the band’s lead singer. The lyrics say photograph each day so we can live forever.
- Dragonfly — is a representation of his wife Juliet Simms who goes by the nickname dragonfly.
Andy Biersack’s net worth stands at about $4 million, an amount he earned from his successful music albums. His debut album, for instance, sold several copies as well as ranked well on Billboard chart.