|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
A beautiful and vivacious female wrestler from Australia, Billie Kay has been immersed in the world of wrestling since she was ten years old. Like many wrestlers, she also had to work her way through the ranks, performing in several independent wrestling promotions in her home country before continuing the same on the shores of the United States.
Eventually, she came on the radar of the WWE and was signed by the promotion in 2015. That same year, she gained a place in WWE’s main roster under the SmackDown brand.
Billie Kay of WWE Biography
Born Jessica McKay in Syndey, New South Wales, Australia, Kay started wrestling while still a child along with her brother. At Westfield Sports High School, she shifted her focus to basketball and played for the school’s basketball team. Eventually, she joined professional wrestling promotion Pro Wrestling Alliance located in Sydney. This was where she began her career in professional wrestling.
Before her fighting debut, Jessica trained under veteran Australian female wrestler, Madison Eagles and went by her birth name. Her first fight finally came in June 2007 and she won her first title in August 2008. Kay got one over Kellie Skater to clinch her PWWA Championship title. However, she did not reign for long as she lost the title to Penni Lane on November 22, after just one successful title defense against Tenille Tayla earlier in the month. It seemed luck was looking out for her though when Lane had to give up the title to injury. Jessica then participated in a four-way title match on September 14, 2009, and emerged victorious, clinching the title for the second time in her career.
She had a 9-month reign that saw her successfully defend the title twice before losing to Madison Eagles on June 11, 2010. In 2011, McKay also competed for the Shimmer Championship in a three-way match but was unsuccessful.
Meanwhile, back in October 2008, Jessica and her trainer Madison Eagles started appearing for an American independent female wrestling promotion known as Shimmer Women Athletics. The two wrestlers formed a tag team known as The Pink Ladies. Their first match under the promotion came in a tag team match for the Shimmer Tag Team Championship. For her first lone effort, she lost to Kellie Slater at Volume 24.
Jessica continued to pick up victories in the promotion, she recorded wins against Nicole Matthews, Ayako Hamada, and former Shimmer Champion, Sara Del Rey. Also, she fought and lost a title match against then-Shimmer Champion and former tag partner Madison Eagles.
Between 2008 and 2015, during her time with Shimmer Athletes and Pro Wrestling Alliance, McKay also turned out for various other American and Canadian promotions. These include Combat Zone Wrestling (CZW), Ring of Honor (ROH), Chikara, NCW Femme Fatales, and Shine Wrestling.
Her talent caught the interest of WWE during their 2014 tour of Australia. Jessica finally made a huge career leap when she was announced as one of the new entrants to WWE’s developmental territory NXT on April 13, 2015. Going by a shortened version of her first name, she debuted as Jessie, losing to Becky Lynch on June 10, 2015.
After the promotion gave her the new in-ring name Billie Kay, she wrestled in many matches against the likes of Asuka and . On June 30, 2016, Billie Kay made her first appearance on WWE’s main roster. Here, she lost to on an episode of SmackDown.
Returning to NXT the following month, she recorded her first televised victory when she beat Santana Garrett. In October 2016, McKay teamed up with Peyton Royce, forming the tag team that was dubbed The Iconic Duo. The partnership feuded with the likes of Liv Morgan and Asuka, recording fights over them and others such as Aliyah and Ember Moon.
Changing their team name to The IIconics, they joined the SmackDown brand. On April 10, 2018, they attacked SmackDown’s reigning Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair. Billie Kay made her lone debut on SmackDown a week later when she faced Charlotte, losing to the Champion. However, The IIconics picked up their first SmackDown victory when they defeated the partnership of Asuka and Becky Lynch.
Things You Need to Know About Her
1. McKay stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m) and weighs 60 kg (132 lb).
2. She and her tag team partner Peyton Royce have known each other for years. Both Australian natives, the duo attended high school together where they both played basketball for the school’s team, winning the championship in 2012.
3. June 23, 2007, is a very special date for McKay and not just because it was her eighteenth birthday (She was born in 1989). It was also the day she had her first professional fight.
4. Towards the end of 2015, Billie Kay started being managed by fellow wrestler Sylvester Lefort. However, the relationship between them did not endure as Lefort’s contract was soon terminated in February 2016.
5. Jessica McKay is a nerd at heart as evidenced by some of her social media posts. She is a fan of nerdy tv shows and video games. Some of her favorite titles include Sailor Moon and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She also loves video games like Tomb Raider and The Halo.
6. Billie’s tag team name The Iconic Duo was changed to The IIconics when a clothing franchise named Iconic Duo LLC revealed that they had the rights to the name.
Top 3 Richest Athletes>>> View Top 10 Richest Athletes In The World
Also Read: Top 10 Richest People in the world with full biography and details.