|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Martin Truex Jr is a popular professional American stock car racing driver. Martin, at the moment, is a full-time competitor in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, he is also the reigning 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series champion. Truex drives the No. 78 Toyota Camry for Furniture Row.
Truex was born on the 29th of June 1980 in Trenton New Jersey but grew up in Stafford Township, Mayetta section in New Jersey. He graduated from the Southern Regional High School in 1998. When he turned 18, Martin finally had an opportunity to take racing more seriously, his father Martin Snr who was a racer himself and a past winner in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East played an important role in influencing his choice of racing as a career.
It turned out that it wasn’t only Truex Jr who inherited the racing genes in the family as his younger brother Ryan is also a car racer and former champion in the K&N Pro Series East. At an early age, Martin began racing by driving go-karts at the popular New Egypt Speedway which was in Central New Jersey.
Martin Jr made advancement in his career in 1998 when he made a move to the modified division located at the Wall Stadium in 1998 and began officially racing once he turned 18 in accordance with the New Jersey regulations. Truex began racing in the NASCAR Camping World East Series in 2000 when he turned 20 and won an impressive five races in 4 years. He also followed in his father’s footsteps when he began racing in the Busch North Series.
He made his first Busch Series start in 2001 with his father’s No. 56 Chevy at the Dover International Speedway, although he began in 19th, he finished a lowly 38th as a result of an early crash. Over the course of his career, Truex Jr was seen to be more like his father and at the beginning of the 2003 season, he began the season with his father’s team before he was hired by the well known Dale Earnhardt Jr. to drive his No 81 Chance 2 Motorsports Chevy. Truex made his debut with Chance 2 at the Richmond International Raceway.
Martin Truex Jr has always lived a very orderly life but in January 2007, he showed the not-too-pleasant side of him when he was charged with disorderly conduct after he was spotted by a police officer, urinating on his car in a public parking garage. After the investigation was carried out, it was discovered that Truex had been drinking at a bar with his friends and members of his team. He was subsequently charged to pay a sum of $100 and told to issue a public apology.
Aside from being an apparent lover of racing, Truex is also an avid football and hockey fan as well as a supporter of the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFL and the Philadelphia Flyers of the NHL.
Truex has basically had one woman in his life – Sherry Pollex, they have been together since 2005. The couple ventured into philanthropy when they launched their foundation in 2007 with the sole purpose of supporting children diagnosed with pediatric cancer. Their relationship hit a bit of a snag when Pollex was diagnosed in 2014 with stage two of ovarian cancer. She has received support and acclaim across the country for her openness in her fight against cancer. They two are not yet formally married.
Martin Truex Jr is an American stock car racer who has garnered a lot of wealth from his efforts in his career. So far, he has been able to accrue an estimated net worth of $30 million.
Other Facts About Martin Truex Jr
- He started go-kart racing at just age 11 and then moved to modified at age 18 at the famed Wall Stadium Speedway.
- In 2007, alongside his wife Sherry, Truex launched a non-profitable charitable organization in NJ and NC called the Martin Turex Jr Foundation.
- His younger brother Ryan is also a racer and a two time champion of the K&N Pro Series East champion. He currently races part-time as part of the Nationwide Series for various teams.
- He has a height of around 5 ft. 11 and weighs 180ib (82 kg).
- Martins partner Sherry Pollex raised more than $650,000 in 2017 through her Catwalk for a Cause project which was formed in 2009.
- After an impressive 2017, Martin received several awards including National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA) Driver of the Year, Colorado Sportsperson of the Year, New Jersey Sportsperson of the Year, Eastern Motorsport Press Association Driver of the Year, AutoWeek Driver of the Year.