|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
A longtime actor, Sean Pertwee has graced both the small and big screens for decades, appearing in both films and TV shows.
For someone who comes from a family of actors; his father, Jon Pertwee portrayed a role in the series Dr Who in the 1970s while his grandfather, Roland Pertwee also had his days as an actor and screenwriter, it’s no surprise to see Sean following in their footsteps. Apparently, his parents must be proud of him as he has preserved the family legacy to a great extent in the movie industry.
Let’s take a sneak peek at how the actor started off in the first place and some lesser-known facts about him.
More About Sean Pertwee
The English actor was born on June 4, 1964, in Hammersmith, London, to Englishman Jon Pertwee and his German second wife Ingeborg Rhoesa. His father is known for starring in The Navy Lark, Doctor Who and Worzel Gummidge respectively.
The only information about his educational background is that he studied at Teddington School in London.
At the age of eleven, Sean got a chance to play in a television series, Billy Smart’s Children Circus which fed his interest in acting. Afterwards, he got the role of Captain Fitzpatrick in the early 1980s play, Tom Jones which is based on the novel by Henry Fielding. He also spent some time building up his talent at Sunbury College in addition to some training at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School from where he graduated in 1986, After graduation, Sean embarked on a tour with the Royal Shakespeare Company which lasted for three years. He wrapped up the 1990s with his portrayal of Brutus in the Hallmark Channel film Cleopatra in 1999.
Pertwee didn’t rest on his oars in the 2000s but continued to star in movies including the 2008 film Doomsday as Doctor Talbot. He also explored the industry as a voice actor, lending his voice to several television commercials, documentaries as well as video games. The medieval empire-building computer game Medieval: Total War as well as Fire Warrior, Killzone and Killzone 2 are just a few of his game exploits.
He replaced India Fisher as the narrator of the fourth series of Masterchef: The Professionals in November 2011. Prior to that, Sean appeared alongside Danny Dyer, Jaime Murray, Janet Montgomery and Craig Fairbrass in the zombie horror film – Devil’s Playground, released in October 2010.
He has also done various dramatic works for BBC Radio 4 and starred as a loyal butler named Alfred Pennyworth in Fox’s TV series Gotham in 2014.
His Personal/Love Life
Sean Pertwee tied the know on June 12, 1999, with a make-up artist – Jacqueline Jane “Jacqui” Hamilton-Smith. The event took place at the House of Lords. They were later blessed with twins, Alfred and Gilbert, in 2001. Unfortunately, the twins were delivered prematurely, leading to the death of Gilbert after four days.
7 Quick Facts You Need To Know About The English Actor
Though you see him on TV all the time, there are still lesser-known facts about him that will be interesting as well. Below are some of the fascinating facts about English actor Sean Pertwee that you would want to know.
1. His background: Pertwee is of white ethnicity and his nationality is British.
2. He comes from a family of entertainers: Acting seems to run in his blood as most of his family members have had their turns in front of the camera. As mentioned earlier, his father, sister and grandfather had their stints in acting. Notably, Dariel Pertwee who is an actress in her own right is his sister. Again, his father, Jon Pertwee found fame as a star on Doctor Who while his paternal grandfather, Roland Pertwee also became popular as an actor and screenwriter. Sean Pertwee is also a distant relative to actor Bill Pertwee.
3. He’s all about family legacies: At a point in his career, Pertwee sought to be cast as the Doctor in, Doctor Who. Recall that his father played the same role in the 1970s.
4. He tried his hands in other business ventures: Sean Pertwee was a co-owner of the Natural Nylon film production company. He joined forces with Sadie Frost, Jude Law, Jonny Lee Miller and Ewan McGregor to launch the company. In 2003, the company folded.
5. Best death face in the industry: As a result of his varying portrayal of grimacing death in many of his film roles, Pertwee got the ‘best death face’ award at Bristol Old Vic.
6. Acting in films is not his only forte: Pertwee combines his acting with voice-over work for video games. He has a myriad of them under his belt.
7. Body measurements and net worth: Quite a handsome man with a towering height of 6 ft, Sean Pertwee has an attractive net worth of $5 million.