|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
From spring flooding to ice storms to even major droughts, beautiful Boston 25 Morning News meteorologist Shiri Spear is not new to the business of forecasting New England’s weather because those are some of the things she became conversant with during her time at the Boston 25 StormTracker Weather Center.
Before joining the WFXT team in November 2012, the New England native had worked as a meteorologist in Florida for NBC6 and WTVJ. Prior to this time, Shiri Spear worked as a meteorologist and environmental reporter for WWLP-TV22 News – an NBC affiliate station located in western Massachusetts. Find out about her below.
Shiri Spear Biography, Age
Spear is a native of New England, raised in Hollis, NH. The Boston meteorologist is very secretive about her personal life; thus, asides her place of birth and probably a bit about her educational background there is so little information about her parents, siblings (if she has any) date of birth and early life out for public consumption.
Some sources, however, claim the media personality was born in 1981 and celebrate’s her birthday 25th May every year; Heightline has not confirmed the claims.
Shiri studied meteorology at McGill University, Montreal, Canada before relocating to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina to join her husband, a US Marine, who was stationed there. While in NC, Spear found a new love in education and thus, turned her focus to education.
She had to move to her hometown New Hampshire when her husband’s job took him there. While in NH, Shiri Spear pursued a degree in Education at Rivier University, Nashua.; bagging a B.A in Secondary Mathematics Education, she taught preschool full time for a couple of years before going back to school for an M.S. in Atmospheric and Environmental Science which she bagged from UMass Lowell in 2007.
After her M.S program, she kicked off her career as a meteorologist at WWLP-TV22 Springfield, MA. After over three years at WWLP-TV22, Shiri decided to further her knowledge in tropical forecasting by working at WTVJ Miami from 2010 – 2012. She also worked as an environmental reporter and meteorologist for WWLP-TV22.
While in Miami, she alongside her colleagues ran an annual Hurricane Specials which earned them two Emmy nominations. In 2012, the American Meteorological Society awarded her CBM accreditation. In November of the same year, Spear joined the WFXT team as the Boston 25 Morning News meteorologist.
Married, Husband, Family
Shiri Spear is happily married to a U.S Marine named Matt. The couple has been married for over a decade and has two adorable daughters – Gabriella and Mia. Shiri doesn’t say much about her family or her personal life but some sources claim she got married in 2002 at the age of nineteen; we have not been able to verify these claims.
- Shiri loves baking and her baking moto is more chocolate, more delicious!
- Growing up in New Hampshire, Spear worked summers at Dunkin’ Donuts in Hollis – that was actually her first job ever; if she visits Dunkin’ Donuts today, Shiri says she would order holiday festive doughnuts like the ones with green frosting, red sprinkles, etc.
- If she was not a meteorologist, her backup career would be teaching either 7th grade or preschool or pursuing a career in volcanology.
- Spear stands at the height of 5’2” and weighs around 60 kg; her best Sports is Volleyball. She served as the captain of her high school volleyball team.
- Her annual income is said to be $126,785 and her net worth is estimated at $1 million.
- Shiri Spear will never miss any Sci-Fi TV Show; she loves The 100 and she is a big fan of Game of Thrones.
- In September 2011, Shiri who was an NBC Miami meteorologist at the time donated her peripheral blood stem cells to an anonymous cancer patient who had a form of lymphoma.
- Her family has a dog named Lobo whom they all adore.
- Her favorite actor is .
- Spear is active on social media and can be reached on Facebook: on Twitter: and on Instagram:
Also Read About:
- Full Name: Shiri Spear
- Date of Birth: 25th May (Year N/A)
- Place of Birth: New England,
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Profession: Journalist, Meteorologist
- Marital Status: Married
- Spouse: Matt
- Children: 2 (Gabriella, Mia)
- Salary: $126,785
- Net Worth: $1 million
- Education: McGill University, Montreal, Canada, Rivier University, Nashua, UMass Lowell
- Eye Color: Brown
- Height: 5 ft 2 inches
- Hair Color: Blonde