|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
American musician Billy Gibbons has certainly made a name for himself in the music industry. He is best known as a guitarist and lead vocalist for the rock band ZZ Top which was formed in 1969 in Houston Texas. The band met their biggest career successes in the 1980s and early 90s. During this period, they released three of their best-selling albums – Eliminator (1983), Afterburner (1985), and Recycler (1990); while songs like Give Me All Your Lovin’ and Sharped Dressed Man did very well and became temporary fixtures on MTV.
Billy Gibbons, who is the band’s lead singer as previously mentioned, was born on December 16th 1949, as William Frederick Gibbons. He was born in Houston, Texas, to Freddie and Lorraine Gibbons.
As is common in the entertainment industry, Gibbons has also been involved in television shows. Most notable is his appearance on FOX’s critically acclaimed crime series, Bones.
Who Are His Parents?
As previously mentioned, Billy was born to Freddie and Lorraine Gibbons. While there is little information available about his mother, it is known that his father was a concert pianist and orchestra conductor. It is also known that Billy has a sister named Pam.
It was his father’s love for music that deeply influenced him. For starters, when he was seven years old, his father took him to a BB King recording session. He also later sent him to study under Tito Puente, a renowned musician. His father, who worked at MGM studios, was without a doubt, Billy Gibbons’ earliest musical influence and support. However, his mother also had an influence on Billy’s musical leanings. When the young musician was only five years old, his mother, Lorraine, took him and his sister, Pam, to an Elvis Presley Concert.
Is Billy Gibbons Married?
The iconic rock star was in a relationship with Gilligan Stillwater long before the two got married. They finally tied the knot on the 14th of December, 2005. The two have known each other for over three decades; due to the length of the relationship, she has been with the musician through many of his ups and downs.
Beyond being known to Billy’s fandom as his wife, she is also recognized as his tour manager and as part of his entourage. Gilligan Stillwater, occasionally also referred to as Gilligan Gibbons, has also worked as an actress, appearing in the movie – Miscommunication.
It is also widely known that Gilligan prefers to stay away from the limelight, keeping to herself most of the time.
Learn More About Billy Gibbons’ Kids
Despite being with Gilligan Stillwater for many years, the two currently do not have any kids. Many fans and media outlets have speculated about the reason behind this but neither Billy nor his wife has justified the speculations with a response. As with most of their personal life, they have decided to keep information about this away from the public.
Other Interesting Facts You Need To Know About The Musician
• On his 13th birthday, in 1963, he received a Sunburst Gibson Melody Maker, which was his first electric guitar. It was accompanied by a Fender Champ amplifier.
• Billy Gibbons attended the Warner Brothers’ Art School in Hollywood, California. While there, he got involved with several bands, including The Coachmen, The Saints and Billy G & The Butterflies.
• He then formed the band ‘the Moving Sidewalks’ with which he achieved mild success. While with the band, he penned the hit single 99th Floor.
• He was also friends with the iconic late musician, Jimi Hendrix.
• Billy Gibbons was one of many artists to join B.B. King on the song “Tired Of Your Jive,” from the album, B.B. King & Friends. This was a full-circle moment for Billy as his father took him to a BB King recording session when he was younger.
• Though he is famous for his musical talent, he is also a talented actor. He is best known for playing a fictionalized version of himself on Bones, as a father of one of the show’s main characters – Michaela Conlin.
• Apart from his role on Bones, he has also appeared on Metalocalypse, King Of The Hill and Hell’s Kitchen.