|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Colin Miller is a Canadian Hockey player who has made a name for himself as an ice hockey defenceman for the Vegas Golden Knights in the National Hockey League (NHL). Having made the NHL Draft in 2012, he has remained a rather important player in the league playing for a couple of teams before now settling with the Golden Knights. Here is all to know about him.
Who is Colin Miller? His Biography
He was born on October 29, 1992, in Canada, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. A rather very mysterious individual, it is not known how Colin Miller was raised, just as there is no information about his family.
There is hardly any significant information about how he was raised, so also, there is no information about his education or his childhood. Hence, the main thing about his life is his sports.
Before making the NHL Draft, in 2012, Colin Miller played for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). He was very phenomenal for the team in his last season, recording as much as 31 goals and 74 assists, making 105 points in his 174 appearances. He did this as he earned penalty minutes that added to 201.
Thanks to his efforts, he took home the Mickey Renaud Captain’s Award after a media selection committee judged him to be the best team captain in the League, pulling his team from a bad position to earn the sixth spot in the Western Conference standings. He was conferred with the honor for his show of exemplary leadership both on and off the ice. He was the fifth person to receive the award at the time.
In 2013, Colin made his entry into the NHL when he was selected as the 151st overall draft by the Los Angeles Kings. The team gave him an entry contract that would keep him there for the next three years. The Sault Ste. Marie native was 20 at the time he signed the deal.
Without any surprises, the defense player went on to make a good impression on the team. He became the winner of the fastest skater competition in 2015 at the AHL All-Star Skills Competition. He would proceed after that to record the hardest shot in the AHL at 105.5 mph.
Colin Miller remained with the Los Angeles Kings until 2015 when he moved to the Boston Bruins after he was traded with Martin Jones and Jakub Zbori in exchange for the left winger, Milan Lucic. Interestingly enough, by the end of his first season with the Bruins, the former Manchester Monarchs man got a contract extension that was worth $2 million. This came after he recorded 3 goals and 13 assists as well as 39 penalty minutes which he achieved in 42 games.
In 2017, he was selected by the Vegas Golden Knights after he was listed in the year’s NHL Expansion Draft. Without staying too long with the Golden Knights, Miller made a history in 2018 when he netted the team’s first goal in the Stanley Cup Finals.
Everything You Need To Know About Him
- In the same year, he was awarded the Mickey Renaud Captain’s Trophy, he was also named the Most Underrated Player of the season by the Western Conference Coaches while he also emerged as the third Overage Player of the Year.
- He is a very secretive person who makes sure that apart from his pictures and a little about hockey, nothing else is discussed about his personal life including things like his siblings if he has any, and his parents.
- While the net worth of the ice hockey player like most things about him remains unknown, he is expected to have a very good net worth, even though he will definitely not be among the richest. Nonetheless, with his first contract with the Los Angeles Kings which was valued at over $1.8 million, he received a salary of $620,000 in his final year while he got $595,000 the previous years. With the Boston Bruins, he signed a contract that would see him with a take-home salary of $900,000 in 2016/2017 and $1.1 million in 2017/2018.
- Height and weight: Like many other players in the NHL, Miller is a well-built man who has it when it comes to height and athletic build. He stands at a massive height of 6 ft 1 in (185 cm) and his body weight is 196 lb (89 kg).
- Although he has a twitter handle, he is not so much into social media.
Top 3 Richest Athletes>>> View Top 10 Richest Athletes In The World
Also Read: Top 10 Richest People in the world with full biography and details.