|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Jackson Wang is a triple threat entertainer. The rapper, singer and dancer is a multi-talented member of the popular K-Pop group, GOT7. Born to parents who are both athletes, they (his parents) naturally preferred that he towed their path and pursue a career in professional sports. While his father Wang Ruiji is an Asian Games gold medalist and a former member of China’s national fencing team, his mom was once a professional acrobatics gymnast. With such pedigree, Jackson Wang naturally gravitated towards a career in sports and actually aspired to make a career out of it.
He began by following in the footsteps of his father, choosing to train in fencing. Wang immediately had tangible results as a young athlete, he won the Asian Junior and Cadet Fencing Championships in 2011 and ranked 11th at the 2010 Summer Youth Olympics. However, music would win over his heart seeing Jackson abandon the dreams of becoming a professional athlete to become a musician. With the level of success, he has achieved thus far, it is obvious that Wang made the right decision.
Jackson Wang’s Career Begining and Growth
While schooling and having his eyes set on a career in fencing, Wang nurtured another passion – music. He was active in the entertainment scene and in 2010 was spotted by a certain talent agent who invited him to audition for a chance to join JYP Entertainment, one of South Korea’s revered companies in the world of K-pop. By 2011, Wang got called up to join the many artists signed to the agency. A dream come true for him, he abandoned every other plan he had including his education.
In July 2011, Jackson Wang moved to Seoul to begin his K-pop training. Fast forward to two years later, his participation in the Mnet reality survival program Win: Who Is Next earned him a spot on the newly formed group, GOT7. Three years later in early 2014, the band launched their career with the single “Girls Girls Girls” which was part of their Extended Play titled Got It?. GOT7 immediately won the hearts of many thus plunging members of the band into the spotlight.
Apart from performing with GOT7, Jackson became active as an actor in both Korean and Chinese dramas. He also moonlights as an MC on several television shows.
When he was first introduced to the spotlight, he went by the stage name J-Flawless; and though he no longer uses the name, some of his fans still address him by it. Besides music, Jackson has appeared on several television shows including SNL Korea, Happy Together, Roommate, Hitmaker, and Star King.
At the 2014 SBS Entertainment Awards, due to his rising popularity, Jackson Wang received the Newcomer Award.
In a bid to further expand his fan base and express his creative nous, Wang has begun working as a solo act, his debut solo album titled Mirrors dropped in October 2019. The album featured a sound and vibe that is refreshingly different from what he has come to be associated with on GOT7. On the Mirrors album he experiments trap, hip-hop, and R&b to create a sound that is rich in Chinese culture but very stepped in contemporary sounds. The album sold 453,000 copies within ten days, making it the third best selling digital album of 2019 in China.
Quick Facts About The Musician
1. His favorite movie is Mirage In Cell No 7 and he ends up crying whenever he watches it because the movie has a sad storyline.
2. Jackson Wang particularly enjoys a good burger. He also loves having chicken and cheese, although, the musician is not a fan of spicy foods.
3. Jackson speaks six languages fluently. The languages are English, French, Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
4. Jackson was born in Hong Kong, on the 28th of March, 1994 and attended a private international school known as the American International School Hong Kong.
5. Wang was appointed Global Chief Wonderful Goods Officer by Alibaba Group. He has also been appointed a special envoy for Hong Kong Tourism.
6. After passing his auditions for JYP Entertainment, a South Korean talent agency, he turned down the scholarship he was offered to attend the prestigious Stanford University.
7. Jackson has set up his own record label – Team Wang. A corporate entertainment vehicle he hopes would help drive his kind of music around the world.
8. Jackson Wang is 5 ft 9 in tall and weighs 63 kg. Being a professional dancer and a pop star, it should not be surprising that he is in amazing shape. His schedule is physically demanding but the singer also works out and eats well to stay in shape.