|Date of Birth
|Showbiz and TV
Sean Anders’ 2015 family comedy film, Daddy’s Home which grossed over $242 million against a $69 million budget did well enough to get a sequel and it did. Daddy’s Home 2 was released in the United States on November 10, 2017, and in other places on February 6, 2018. Although the second movie didn’t make as much as the first, it still grossed over $180 million worldwide. A third film, Daddy’s Home 3 has been hinted at by the director and co-writer Sean Anders, one of the film’s lead actor and producer, Mark Wahlberg.
What Is Daddy’s Home Series All About?
The first film, Daddy’s Home is about an eager step-father, Brad Whitaker played by who tries to win the heart of his wife’s kids when his wife’s ex-husband – their biological father, Dusty Mayron played by comes back into their lives and tries to overthrow him. In the second installment –Daddy’s Home 2, Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg reprise their roles from the first film as Brad Whitaker and Dusty Mayron, now co-parents to Dusty’s kids. Their co-star Linda Cardellini also reprises her role as Mrs. Whitaker as well as other cast members like , Owen Vaccaro, and .
With the success recorded by the second Daddy’s Home film, viewers expected to see the third release that will make the movie a complete trilogy. This was also confirmed by Sean Anders who hinted that the coming Daddy’s Home film will be set 20 years after the events of the second film. Dusty and Brad would have aged by then and they will be coming back for a reunion during one of their kids’ wedding. He added that it was just an idea they laughed about and that he is unsure whether or not Daddy’s Home 3 will happen. However, Wahlberg has revealed that he isn’t opposed to playing a grandfather role and would love to someday.
Daddy’s Home 3 Release Date
There is no official announcement regarding the release date or even the development of a third film yet. However, there have been speculations that we can expect it sometime in 2020. Moreso, Sean Anders, and Wahlberg have hinted that a Daddy’s Home 3 might be possible and they even mentioned that Liam Neasom is likely to feature in the upcoming movie.
Who Will Be The Possible Cast Members Of Daddy’s Home 3?
Here is a reasonable list of actors and actresses who may be playing either lead or supporting roles in Daddy’s Home 3:
1. Will Ferrell as Brad Whitaker: He is an executive of a radio show who seemed to be sterile after an accident. However, he later found out that was not the case. Brad is also Sarah’s husband as well as Megan and Dylan’s stepfather. Subsequently, Brad and Sarah had a biological son, Griff.
2. Mark Wahlberg as Dusty Mayron: He is Megan and Dylan’s Biological father and Sarah’s ex-husband. Dusty is now remarried to Karen making him Adrianna’s (Karen’s daughter) step-father.
3. Linda Cardellini as Sarah Whitaker: Her character in Daddy’s Home 3 is as Dusty Mayron’s ex-wife and Megan and Dylan’s mother. Sarah is currently married to Brad Whitaker.
4.Owen Vaccaro as Dylan Mayron: He happens to be Dusty Mayron and Sarah Whitaker’s son. Dylan eventually becomes Brad Whitaker’s step-son when his mum remarried.
5. Scarlett Estevez as Megan Mayron: She is Dusty Mayron and Sarah Whitaker’s daughter who later becomes Brad Whitaker’s step-daughter.
6. Alessandra Ambrosio as Karen Mayron: Roger’s ex and Adrianna’s mother who is currently married to Dusty Mayron.
7. John Cena as Roger: This happens to be Karen’s muscular ex and Adrianna’s biological father who Dusty is intimidated by.
9. Diddy Costine as Adrianna: Karen and Roger’s only daughter who becomes Dusty’s step-daughter.
Although the role will be playing still remains unknown, it is believed that he will be cast as one of the lead characters in Daddy’s Home 3.
It is also interesting to know that Mark Wahlberg and Sean Anders have become quite the team as far as comedy is concerned. If Daddy’s Home 3 happens, it would be the fourth film that the duo would be working on together following Daddy’s Home released in 2015, Daddy’s Home 2 in 2017, and the 2018 Instant Family.