|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Min Yoongi is a South Korean rapper, singer, songwriter known as a member of K-pop group, BTS, Bangtan Boys. The 1.75 m tall rapper, popularly known by his nicknames Suga or August D is the lead rapper of the group. He made his debut as a member of BTS on June 13, 2013, on Mnet’s M! Countdown with the track No More Dream, from their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Stool.
Prior to becoming a member of BTS, he worked underground in a group called D-Town as a rapper under the moniker Gloss. While with D-Town, he released a song titled 518-062 to commemorate the Gwangju Uprising in 2010. Min was featured as a dancer in Jo Kwon’s I’m the One music video.
Min writes, composes, arranges as well as mixes and masters his material. He has written many of the BTS’ hits which include Jump, Tomorrow and Like and because of his songwriting ability, the band became the first K-pop group to win a Billboard Award in 2017.
The group has gone ahead to win series of awards and performed at several events such as the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) and the award “Top Social Artist” at the Billboard Music Awards (BBMA). They released a Japanese album titled Wake Up and a South Korean recording titled Dark and Wild in 2014.
Min is also a pianist and produces hip-hop music. He gives credit to Epik High and his reggae-hip-hop hybrid album Ragga Muffin for igniting his interest in the genre. Min has over 60 registered songs accredited to his name with the Korea Music Copyright Association and his lyrics are based on themes that are full of dreams and hopes which is intent on becoming people’s strength. He established a solo career and has released his debut mixtape, August D in 2016 and sees his music dominating the world in 10 years.
Min Yoongi Biography, Family
Min Yoongi was born on the 9th of March, 1993, in Daegu, South Korea and has an elder brother, Min Jun Ki who he doesn’t talk to much. He went to Taejeon Elementary School, Gwaneum Middle School and Apgujeong High School. Min Yoongi started music in 6th grade, learned classical composition in middle school and has been writing music since then. He attended Global Cyber University and had his major in Broadcasting Performing Art.
Information about his parents cannot be gathered as he hardly talks about them but not without mentioning that he came from a poor home. His parents did not support him initially in his chosen career and would rather he become a civil servant and live a stable life. But, they now give him their full support and has described him as a child worth being proud of.
Apart from music, one other thing that interests this star is basketball. He won basketball games quite a few times while in school and had played every Sunday when he was a trainee. He usually played as a point guard or shooting guard and is better at defence than offence. His position as a shooting guard earned him his nickname Suga which was coined from the first syllables. He’s cute, nice, has a charming smile and a delicate look which matches his sobriquet.
Min Yoongi Quick Facts
- His hobby is cooking and his favourite food is meat.
- He is honest and blunt and would always speak up if he feels that something is not right.
- Suga deals with stress by writing lyrics crazily.
- Whenever he is angry, he listens to Rick Ross’ Hold Me Back.
- Suga’s favourite number is three and his favourite colour is white.
- He masters several dialects of the Korean language, bad in Japanese but English is just difficult for him.
- He likes dogs, enjoys taking pictures and has the habit of biting his nails.
- Suga may be lazy but industrious when it comes to making music.
- He does not have any tattoo on his body but uses stickers.
- He is the best athlete in the group and is good in all kinds of sports.
- Suga scolds the younger members when they make a mistake which earned him the name grandfather.
- He decided to pursue a career in music after hearing Stony Skunk ‘Ragga Muffin’ in 6th grade.
- He thinks his legs are nice and he would like to be a radio DJ.
- His role models are , Lupe Fiasco, , Hit-Boy.
- Suga wrote the song ‘촣아요’ (Like It) under 40 minutes.
- His ideal spouse is one who would understand and love the trend of hip-hop and when he has a lover, Suga wants to make her listen to the songs he writes.
- There are three things he doesn’t joke with: Sleep, quiet places and places with no people.
- Suga’s favourite moment in his daily life is when he’s working alone.
- He dislikes these 3 things: Dancing, loud places and places where people crowd around.
His motto is; Let’s live with having fun. Doing music as your hobby and doing it as work it different.