|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Doug Walker is an actor, comedian, and producer who is popular for Nostalgia Critic which is a comedy web series that ran on YouTube. After starting on YouTube, Walker later moved to his own platform, That Guy with the Glasses and later, Channel Awesome before coming back on YouTube. Through his various acts, Doug has become well loved by his fans. Here is all you may want to know about him.
Doug Walker Bio – Age
That Guy with the Glasses or Nostalgia Critic as he is most popularly known was born to a father who was a naval officer. He was born Douglas Darien “Doug” Walker on November 17, 1981, in Naples, Italy.
However, it was in the United States that he was brought up. Considering that his father was a military man, his family was always on the move. As such, he didn’t have what could be defined as the most stable childhood. He has an elder brother, Rob Walker, who also appears on The Nostalgia Critic’s videos as The Other Guy.
For his education, the comic star attended the Northern Illinois University where he majored in communications. What he studied was filmmaking.
Soon after he graduated, Douglas Walker took to making his videos and uploading them to YouTube. His videos stood out from most other things that were made not just because he captured movies in 5 seconds with his 5 Second Movies, but also because of his Nostalgic Critic in which he reviews movies and other things. Essentially what the show does is to critic movies from the past and make a fun of them. Apart from critiquing movies, animations and cartoons are also reviewed, as well as various things like games and other things of the past.
That stated, he began having some problems with the platform as YouTube kept bringing down some of his videos for copyrights infringement. It was because of this that he left the platform for Thatguywiththeglasses.com which is now Channelawesome.com.
Doug Walker’s Wife and Mother
While it is his brother that had much to do with his shows, his mother, Sandra Walker also had something to do with it, although not in the professional sense. She was born on December 17, 1947, and died on September 8, 2016, in her sleep. Apart from these, there is no much information that is known about her.
That Guy with the Glasses is married to Robin Poage. Although it is unknown for how long the two have been dating, they have been together as man and wife since they got married on June 15, 2012.
Robin Poage was born on November 6, 1983, in Lombard, Illinois. While she is a social worker, she has also done voice acting for some episodes of Ask That Guy with the Glasses. She was also mentioned on To Boldly Flee, where she was appreciated.
The couple now lives in Naperville, Illinois, and it is unknown if they have any child yet.
Quick Facts About The Comedian
1. Although he has seen and reviewed a lot of movies, Doug Walker said the worst movie he has come across is The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (1987), while the best is the 1985 movie, Brazil.
2. He began with That Guy With the Glasses and it lasted until 2014 when it transformed to Channel Awesome.
3. Even though he was forced to leave YouTube because of some problems he had, he has since returned to the platform with his various channels.
4. The Nostalgia Critic and Channel Awesome have a massive followership with over a million subscribers and more than half a billion videos views.
5. Early in 2018, there were speculations by fans on whether Doug has called it quits from Channel Awesome. But then, as it will turn out he is very much around but it was Channel Awesome that was as regards accusations of sexism and sexual abuse.
6. If you are wondering what his height may be, he stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches (1.79 m), but his entire body measurements are not known.
7. He has also worked on many other shows including as a writer for Demo Reel and the TV series Pop Quiz Hot Shot, Shut Up and Talk, Anime Abandon, Bum Reviews, The Cinema Snob, Atop the Fourth Wall, and the TV series documentary, Disneycember.