|Date of Birth
The tragedy for a lot of people that you will never hear of is that they believe they can take to the field, ring, stage, screen, or some other platform and do it better than someone doing it. When they get there, they flop even before making an impact. Ellie Taylor believed she could be a comedian after she saw her friend performing as a comedian. However, instead of joining the list of the flops, she has risen in a very short while to become a great comedian and TV presenter who has been on a number of shows including BBC Three’s Snog Marry Avoid? and Show Me the Funny on ITV.
While the career side of her life is going great, let’s find out if the same can be said of her personal life with her husband, Phil Black.
Ellie Taylor’s Biography and Age
Ellie Taylor was born on 28 November 1983 in Basildon, United Kingdom. Growing up, she never had the inclination to become a comedian or even have any form of career on TV.
A graduate from the University of York, Taylor had a job that came with a pension, medical insurance, and as she added, free apples. However, she did what she would later describe as the most stupid thing ever by throwing that away to do comedy full time. Of course, she had always had her a funny nature, but it was after she saw a friend perform stand-up comedy that she believed that she too could do that. That was what led Ellie Taylor to give up her job in corporate worldto focus on comedy.
Within a short while, she was already hosting Snog Marry Avoid? on BBC Three while she was also a team captain on Fake Reaction. Even before then, Ellie appeared on ITV reality show Show Me the Funny in 2011. This same year, she was on different shows including 8 Out of 10 Cats in which she appeared as a guest, Greatest Tweets 2011, Greatest BodyShockers, and Big Brother’s Bit on the Side. In that year, she also clinched Company Magazine’s Lady HaHa title.
The years that followed saw Ellie Taylor involved in many more things including performing her debut stand up show Elliementery in 2014. She made her debut on BBC Two’s Mock the Week in 2015 and then on CBBC’s The Dog Ate My Homework in 2016. From then Taylor, has remained ever busy with her tours and shows. Her most recent works include her appearance on BBC comedy programme Live at the Apollo and Netflix’s Comedians of the World.
Who Is Ellie Taylor’s Husband – Phil Black?
As stated, Ellie Taylor is married to Phil Black. Before Black, the dating life of the Essex-born comedian (who in her Edinburgh show in 2017 said she wished she had slept with more people before she got married) is not known.
Phil Black is a freelance reporter who works with CNN International. Based in Moscow, he has worked In Australia with Nine Network and with Seven News.
Even though it is not known how the two met or for how long they have dated, it is known that they tied the knot in 2014 in London. The event was attended by their close friends and family members. The couple is expecting their first child in 2019.
Height and Other Interesting Facts About The Comedian
- Ellie Taylor is a woman with a decent height. With long legs, she stands at 5 feet 11 inches (180cm). More so, with a charismatic personality, she has brown eyes and brown hair.
- Earlier in her career, she emerged Amused Moose Semi-Finalist in 2011 and Funny Women Semi-Finalist in the same year.
- At the first sight of Ellie Taylor, one would easily assume that she is a model thanks to her good height and looks. Interestingly enough, she modeled for some time before taking to comedy.
- After throwing away her job to make a living from making people laugh, Ellie got the complete support of her mother who if not for time and chance, would have loved to do the same thing like her daughter.
- Before she left her job, the comedian instead of going home by 6, she would often stay back in the stock room where she practiced her set, saying.
- When she first started performing as a comedian, Taylor was never paid for a gig evem though at the time, she still considered herself a comedian.