|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
Melanie Chandra is an American celebrity who is loved for many reasons. She is an actress with lots of delectable works to her credit. Other than this, Melaine is adored for having a heart of gold. The actress is a co-founder of Hospital for Hope: a non-profit organization devoted towards developing a self-sustaining health facility in an under-served area of Jharkhand, India. In addition to all these, she is the wife of Neeraj Chandra who is the Managing Director of Tiger Global Management.
Get to know more about this woman and what makes her special. In addition, you will also be informed about her career progress and how much she has made thereof.
Melanie Chandra – Bio Of Neeraj Chandra’s Wife (Age)
At birth, she was named Melanie Kannokada before adopting the Chandra surname many years later following her marriage to Neeraj Chandra. Melanie was born on February 28, 1986, in Buffalo Grove, Illinois to Malayali Indian parents: Suresh Kannokada and Sujatha Kannokada. She has a bother named Manjo Kannokada.
Growing up, Melanie Chandra was a number cruncher, particularly interested in physics and mathematics. This probably influenced her decision to study Mechanical Engineering at Stanford University where she earned a degree in the discipline (in 2006). While she was in college, she was studying improvisational comedy on a part-time basis.
After her graduation, Melanie began working with McKinsey & Company but at the same time, she nursed the ambition of going into modelling and acting. In the course of time, she enrolled for the 2007 Miss India America contest which she ended up winning. Melaine, thereafter, began working as a model, appearing in various commercial campaigns for Herbal Essences, Clinique, Glamour Magazine, Nescafe, LG, P&G, and many others. In the years that followed, Melanie Chandra emerged as one of the five faces of Bare Escentuals international “Be A Force of Beauty” campaign, as well as appeared on a five-page editorial spread for Vogue India Magazine in 2012.
Back in the year 2011, Melanie moved to Los Angeles to give a lift to her acting career. Her relocation to LA turned out to be a right step at the right time as within a week of moving to the Southern California city, she landed a guest star role in Rules of Engagement. She played the character of Simran opposite American stand-up comedian and actor .
In the same year, Melaine landed another guest star role in ABC Family’s The Nine Lives of Chloe King, NBC’s Parenthood, 2012 films like Love Lies and Seeta, where she played the lead role. The following year, she played Shalini in D for Dopidi (2013), an Indian Telugu Film before she landed a series regular role as Vandana on MTV Desi’s Writer’s Block (2013). Melaine portrayed several other characters in television series like NCIS: Los Angeles (2014), The Brink (2015), Nashvillie (2016), Code Black (2015-2017), Brown Nation (2016) and her guest star role as Lela Samra on NBC’s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2017).
With a career that spans into acting and modelling which has seen her work with some big consumer goods manufacturers, Melanie Chandra is definitely one actress who has had fortune smile on her. Various sources have computed her net worth and they are all in consonance that she is worth about $6.3 million. This is not surprising, considering the quality of acting she brings on set. With more roles to come her way, as well as the modelling gigs she has lined up, the actress and model will keep smiling to the bank.
Other Facts About Melanie Chandra
1. She is married to Neeraj Chandra with whom she shares a daughter named Arya Chandra. The parent of one got married on April 25, 2015, and in early 2018, they had their daughter.
2. Aside from modelling and acting, other things Mrs. Chandra loved/loves doing are playing the piano, karate and travelling.
3. She is a 2nd-degree black belt holder in Shotokan Karate.
4. In the year 2000, Melaine represented the United States at the Pan American games held in Sao Paulo. The following year, she also represented the States at the event. On both occasions, she won the bronze medal.
5. In terms of her career recognitions, the model and actress was in 2012 nominated as the Best Actress at World Music and Independent Film Festival for Love Lies and Seeta.
6. Aside from this recognition for her acting, Melanie is a recipient of the Mayfield Fellows Program as a tech entrepreneur. She also holds the Book Award from Stanford University for her contributions to the University.
Top 3 Richest Actresses>>> View Top 10 Richest Actresses In The World
Also Read: Top 10 Richest People in the world with full biography and details.